Mériscope is an independant marine research station and a registered environmental charity in Canada dedicated to protecting marine mammals and marine ecosystems through research, education, outreach and conservation efforts.
- We are conducting research projects on marine mammals in cooperation with other NGOs, universities and federal authorities.
- We are promoting education in marine and environmental sciences through a course programme in marine biology and our MérisCool programme.
- We are actively involved in projects aiming to protect critical marine habitats.
- We are a member of the Québec Marine Mammal Emergency Network and the expert group in ecotoxicology of the Province Québec (EcotoQ) as well as the Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- Mériscope is based on the north shore of the St. Lawrence Estuary, about 300 km northeast of Québec City.
The Mériscope is situated on the north shore of the St. Lawrence Estuary, about 300 km northeast of Québec City, in the middle of gorgeous coastal scenery. Our base offers a fantastic view, overlooking 2000 square kilometers of prime marine mammal habitat.
The station is situated right next to the Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park, known for its abundant wildlife.