High School Projects (Matura)
We offer to provide guidance and supervision for the data collection of a high school project (“matura”) on site at our marine research station in Portneuf-sur-Mer, Québec, Canada. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us.
Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 we couldn’t provide any high school project in 2021.
We are already fully booked for the 2022 season.
Currently in progress
- 2022: Photoidentification in marine mammals: methods and utility. Stella Liedtke, Kantonsschule Hohe Promenade, Zurich, Switzerland
- 2022: Whaling policy in relation to animal welfare and environmental protection. Leandra Wyss, Kantonsschule Hohe Promenade, Zurich, Switzerland
Completed Matura Theses
- 2020: Minke whales – growth of dorsal fin over time. Mira Wyser, Kantonsschule Schüpfheim, Switzerland
- 2020: Study of porpoises (Phocoena phocoena) in the St. Lawrence Estuary. Théana Dubail, Gymnase Bienne, Switzerland
Théana Dubail took part in the «Science and Youth Competition» and received the mention «very good» and the special prize «Sail and Explore» which allows her to go to the Azores for a week on a boat to observe marine mammals. The Mériscope team congratulates her on this success!
- 2019: Stress behaviour in minke whales. Alina Schoch, Evangelische Mittelschule Schiers,Switzerland
- 2019: Distribution of marine mammals in the St. Lawrence Estuary. Santiago Kuster, Kollegium Spiritus Sanctus Brig, Switzerland